WEEK 1: EMPLOYMENT
- Meaning of Employment and unemployment
- Employment being occupied in a job to earn a living
- Consequences of unemployment
- Brings about bad habit, eg robbery
- Overcrowding in towns and cities
- Why some people take hard drugs.
- Ways to reduce unemployment e.g
- Government to establish more industries
- Encouragement to farmers
- Encourage self-employment
- Provision of electricity in rural areas etc.
- Sanction persons that cover employment opportunities
- Openness in dealing with others etc.
WEEK 2: WAGES AND INCOME DISTRIBUTION
- Meaning of wages and income: wages are what workers gets from his employer for the job done e.g. salaries
- Income is the total amount of money a worker earns.it includes his wages profit, interest and rents.
- Reasons people work are: to earn wages or salaries to live well and be able to help others
- People work to put into practice what they have learnt etc.
- THE WAYS WORKERS ARE PAID INCLUDE:
Payment of salaries and allowance
Promotion for hard work, bonuses division paid to workers, class appointment, prize giving etc.
- Problems of wages and income
- Low wages
- Delay in payment
- Stagnation, etc
- Non – recognition
WEEK 3: COMMUNICATION
- MEANING OF COMMUNICATION
- TYPES OF COMMUNICATION
- DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND MODERN SYSTEMS OF COMMUNICATION
- TRADITIONAL USE OF LOCAL MATERIAL AND MODERN USES OF MACHINES AND ELECTRICITY.
WEEK 4: PREVENTION OF DRUGE ABUSE AND LIFE COPING SKILLS
- CONSEQUENCES OF DRUG ABUSE
WEEK 4: FORMS OF ACCIDENTS
- MEANING AND TYPES OF ACCIDENT EG ROAD, AIR, WATER AND RAIL ACCIDENT ETC
OUTCOMES OF ACCIDENTS:
- Burns, Scalds bruises and bites
FIRST AIDS TREATMENT FOR
- Burns, scalds bruises and bites.
WHAT WE CAN DO TO PREVENT ACCIDENT
WEEK 5: FACTORS WHICH ENCOURAGE ABUSE OF DRUG
WEEK 6: SOME SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND THEIR HEALTH AND SOCIO ECONOMIC EFFECTS
- health effects of drug abuse of alcohol and tobacco
- socio- economic effects substance/drug abuse
- how do people get those drugs
- dangers of drug trafficking
WEEK 8: CHARACTERISTICS OF DRUG ABUSERS, THEIR TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION
CHARACTERISTICS OF DRUG ABUSERS
- abusers of alcohol
- abusers of tobacco
- abusers of cannabis
WEEK 9: WHAT WE CAN DO TO PREVENT DRUG ABUSE
- Life coping skills
- Stress reduction
- Positive relationship
- Choosing good friends
- Choosing good habits and values of discipline.
WAYS BY WHICH INDIVIDUALS CAN RESIST THE TEMTATION OF BEING COERCED TO TAKING OR GETTING INVOLVED IN DRUG PEDDLING
- Stressing the importance of self-discipline
- Receptiveness to critisms and correction
- Emphasizing religious tenets relation substance abuse etc.
WEEK 10: POLLUTION
- MEANING OF POLLUTION
- TYPES OF POLLUTION
- EFFECT WATER POLLUTION
- EFFECT AIR POLLUTION
- HOW TO REMEDY THE EFFECTS OF POLLUTION
WEEK 11: AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- Meaning of Agriculture
- Ways of Land cultivation: Traditional ways and modern ways
WEEK 12: ADVANTAGES OF MORDERN FARMING
SUB – TOPICS
- Advantages of modern farming
- Problems of modern farming
- Solution to modern farming
WEEK 13: AGENCIES THAT PROMOTE THE SOCIAL WELL BEING OF THE YOUTHS
SUB – TOPICS
- Mention the agencies that promote the social wellbeing of the youth.
- Government and non-Government organization e.g National sport commission, boy scout, boys brigade and girls brigade, religious organization, NDLEA, rotract leo, drug free life etc.
- The ways specialized agencies promote the well-being of the youths: through special activities e.g. drug free day, clubs and societies etc. Values e.g Discipline, honesty healthy living, concern for others obedience of laws etc.
WEEK 14: REVISION AND EXAMINATION