SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
AGE: SIX (6) YEARS
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOURS (ASB)
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain anti-social behaviours
- Types of anti-social behavious
- How to tackle anti-social behaviours
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
What is anti-social behavior? Antisocial behavior is any action that can cause annoyance or inconveniences to anyone.
Before reporting any anti-social behavior, you should first try to speak with your neighbor because they may not be aware that they are causing problem.
TYPES OF ANTI- SOCIAL BEHAVIOURS
- Noise nuisance
- Environmental anti- social behavior
- Domestic abuse
- Drunken behavior
- gun or knife crime
- dangerous dog
- gangs or group disorder
HOW TO TACKLE ANTI – SOCIAL BEHAVIOURS
- Issue a formal warning
- Use an acceptable behavior contract.
- Possession order.
- Ban perpetrators from an area.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Avoiding criminal behaviors).
- The Teacher introduces the lesson.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask learner to:
- Define anti-social behaviours.
- List three types of anti-social behaviours.
- Mention three ways to tackle antisocial behaviours.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.