SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: AVOIDING CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Avoid criminal behaviors
- Report crime
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
Avoiding criminal behaviours are ways to prevent oneself from becoming a victim of crime.
The following are some of the ways we can avoid criminal Behaviour
- Carefully choose your friends.
- Do not allow strangers into your home.
- Do not be careless with something of value.
- Take advantages of neighborhood watch
- Avoid walking alone at night
- Be aware of petty theft opportunities
- Deal with peer pressure
- Focus on your education
- Get a job
- Plan your finances
- Control your anger
- Seek treatment for substance abuse
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Road Accident).
- The Teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
- State three ways of Avoiding criminal behaviour
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.