SUB THEME: UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
WEEK 1 – 6: MEANING OF TECHNOLOGY
- Teacher leads pupils on the meanings of Technology
She defines measurement as
She defines technology as: a way of doing things that are based on modern knowledge about science and computer.
- She explains to pupils he difference between traditional ways and modern ways b of doing things. She illustrates with motor car cars as modern ways in transportation and trekking and horse riding and traditional ways.
- She guides people to explain the importance of technology to homes and the society in general with illustrations.
- She displays pictures and posters of modern technological equipment’s/objects.
- Pupils Listen to teacher’s Explanation
- Identify differences between traditional ways of doing things and modern ways of doing things
- Observe pictures and posters
- They ask questions
- Cars, computer etc.
WEEK 7: Mid – term’s Revision and Test
TEACHER’S ACTIVITIES: Mid – term’s Revision and Test
PUPILS ACTIVITIES: Mid – term’s Revision and Test
WEEK 8 -11: FORMS OF TECHNOLOGY
- Teacher leads pupils to explain forms of energy
- She guides pupils to mention developed and underdeveloped technology.
- Teacher gives the meaning of development as: the process of gradually becoming bigger, better, stronger, or more advanced.
- She defines development technology using definite examples as modern days or high profile technology.
- She define underdeveloped technology using definite examples of the olden days/ low profile technology.
- She guides the pupils to name and identify examples of developed technology and under developed technology.
- Teacher explains the differences between developed and underdeveloped technology.
- She uses charts and pictures to differentiate developed technology from underdeveloped technology.
- They listen to teacher’s explanation
- They give examples of developed and underdeveloped technology
- They participate in class discussion
- They identify differences between developed and underdeveloped technology.
- Vehicles etc.
WEEK 12: REVISION AND EXAMINATION