Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Biology – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Biology SS3
SS3 First Term Biology Scheme of work Lagos State
- Regulation of internal environment, structures and function of the kidney, diseases, effects and remedy.
- Liver: – Structure, functions and diseases, Skin: – Structure, functions, diseases and care.
- Hormones: – Location, secretion, function, effects of over-secretion and under-secretion.
- Nervous co-ordination: – CNS component, structure and functions of the brain and spinal cord
- The peripheral nervous system and the neurone.
- Reflex and voluntary actions, conditional reflex.
- Sensory organs: – Skin as a sense organ, organ of sight (The eye).
- Organ of hearing, smell and taste.
- Development of new organisms (Courtship behavior in animals, Stages in development of toad, insects)
- Development of new organisms (Seeds, fruits in plants, Germination of seeds)
BIOLOGY SCHEME OF WORK FIRST TERM SS3 – MODIFIED
WEEK ONE-REGULATION OF INTERNAL ENVIRONMENT
WEEK TWO-ENDOCRINE GLAND
WEEK THREE-THE SKIN
WEEK FOUR-THE SPINAL CORD
WEEK FIVE-REFLEX AND VOLUNTARY ACTION
WEEK SIX-ECOLGY OF POPULATION
WEEK SEVEN- TERRITORIAL BEHAVIOUR IN ORGANISMS
WEEK EIGHT-FAMILY PLANNINGWEEK
NINE-DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SEED
WEEK TEN-REPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOUR IN ANIMALS
WEEK ELEVEN – REVISION
WEEK TWELVE – EXAMINATION