First Term Mathematics Curriculum for Senior Secondary Schools in Nigeria
First Term Mathematics Curriculum for SS1
Mathematics Scheme of work for Lagos State
- NUMBER BASE SYSTEM: Conversion from one base to base 10, conversion of decimal fraction to base 10, conversion of number from one base to another base. Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of number bases.
- MODULAR ARITHMETIC:
Definition and concept of module arithmetic: Addition, subtraction and multiplication of module arithmetic and applying it to solving life problem.
3. INDICES: Conversion of numbers to standard form; laws of indices, indicial equations.
4. LOGARITHMS AND INDICES:
Definition of logarithm; logarithm of numbers in base 10, expressing logarithm as inverse of Indices, Graph of Y = 10x, logarithm and anti-logarithms tables of numbers greater than one, laws of logarithms –
multiplication, division, powers and roots.
5. SET: Definition of set, set notation, types of sets, set operation, use of Venn diagrams.
6. SIMPLE EQUATIONS AND VARIATIONS:
Change of subject of formulae involving bracket, root and powers. Types of variation – direct, inverse, joint and partial.
7. QUADRATIC EQUATION:
Factorisation, completing the square, formulae and graphical method and obtaining roots from quadratic graphs.
8. LOGICAL REASONING: Simple and compound statements.
9 -12. REVISION AND EXAMINATION