TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
THEME: FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENT
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know about:
- Meaning of locomotive movement and non-locomotive movement.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Physical and Health Education.
- Online materials.
- Edudelight Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with sport activities.
WORD FILE: Fundamental, movement.
FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT OR RHYTHM
Movement is an act of change in the position or location of something.
Fundamental movement is the natural way of shifting the body from one place to another.
EXAMPLES OF FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT
TYPES OF MOVEMENT
The three types of movements are
- Locomotor/locomotive movement
- Non – Locomotor/locomotive movement
- Manipulative movement
It is the movement of the body from one place to another. The movement can be forward or backward movement.
EXAMPLES OF LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENT
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (MOVEMENT – LOCOMOTIVE AND NON-LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENT).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENT).
- She/he explains the term locomotive movement.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the examples of locomotive movement.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Define locomotive movement.
- Mention three examples of locomotive movement.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: MOVEMENT – LOCOMOTIVE AND NON LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENT
NEXT LESSON: NON LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENT