TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
THEME: OUR VALUES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 5/ BASIC 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GOVERNMENT ‘S MAIN SERVICES II
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Quality of services provided by government
- Types of services provided by government
- why government is unable to provide services
- consequences of poor services
- how to help government to provide services
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: economy,development.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CONSEQUENCES OF POOR SERVICES
- Increase in crime rate
- Under employment
- Low living standard
- High rate of criminals
- Low production
- Reduces the growth of development of the economy
- Accidents on the road.
- Outspread of diseases.
HOW TO HELP GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE SERVICES
- Payment of taxes, rates and levies at due time.
- Provision of social services in the community by companies.
- Payment if electricity bills, water bills, etc.
- Report criminals around us.
- Joining your community in environmental sanitation.
- Payment of fees like school fees.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (GOVERNMENT ‘S MAIN SERVICES I).
Teacherleads the pupils to understand the topic: GOVERNMENT ‘S MAIN SERVICES II.
explainthe consequences of poor services. Teacherleads pupils to mention why governmentis unable to provide services.
- Mention three consequences of poor services
- List three way on how to help government to provide services
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: TYPES OF SERVICES PROVIDED BY GOVERNMENT
NEXT LESSON: HOW TO HELP GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE SERVICES