SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: HOUSING II: FEATURES OF ADEQUATE HOUSING
- FEATURES OF ADEQUATE HOUSING
- DIFFERENCES IN THE HOUSING NEEDS FOR URBAN AND RURAL SETTLEMENT
At the end of this module, Pupils should be able to know the:
- Features Of Adequate Housing
- Differences In The Housing Needs For Urban And Rural Settlement
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters
- Explanatory pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
FEATURES OF ADEQUATE HOUSING
Some of The qualities that make a house adequate are:
- Proper ventilation
- Strong structure
- Adequately spacious
- Well lighted to avoid stumbling around the room
DIFFERENCES IN THE HOUSING NEEDS FOR URBAN AND RURAL SETTLEMENT
- Land Availability
- Availability of building materials
- Simplicity of house choice
- Number of houses required
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
Learners are asked:
- List three Features Of Adequate Housing
- Mention three Differences in the Housing Needs for Urban and Rural Settlement.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.