SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 1
AGE: SIX (6) YEARS
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: RISK FACTORS IN FOOD – MEANING OF RISK FACTOR
- Define risk factor
- Causes of risk factor
At the end of this lesson, learners should be able to:
- Explain risk factor in food
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Pictures showing different risk factors in foods
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos chip on risk factor in food
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
Risk factor is anything that is harmful life and the well being of human.
Causes of risk factors cause by human
- Inability to read
- Teacher briefly discuss the previous lesson (Guide to food safety)
- Teacher defines risk factor
- Teacher ask the pupils to repeat after her the definition of risk factor
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer pupil’s questions.
The teacher ask the learners to:
- Define risk factor.
- Mention three causes of risk factor.