Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Chemistry – Edudelight.com
NERDC Scheme of work Chemistry SS1
Lagos State Chemistry Scheme of work SS1 Third Term
- Carbon and its compounds
- Formation of coal; Destructive distillation of coal Uses of coal Properties of carbon
- Oxides of carbon Carbon cycle
- Synthetic gas Carbonaceous Tiorxocarbenates (iv) acid Tiroxrocaronata iv
- Crude oil and natural gas
8 – 12.Revision and Examination
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 1 -MODIFIED I
- Revision / Acids
- Concentrated And Diluted Acids.
- Ph Scale And Indicators
- Carbon – Allotropes
- Oxides Of Carbon
- Chemical Industries
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 1 -MODIFIED II
1. Revision /Acids: Properties, Preparation and Uses. pH Scale
2-3. Bases: Properties, Preparation. Salts: Classification, Methods of preparation, Types and Characteristics
4. Carbon- Allotropes and their Structures, Properties, Differences between Diamond and Graphite.
5. Carbon (ii) Oxide (CO), Carbon (iv) Oxide (CO2): their Preparation, Properties and Uses.
6. Coal: Types of Coal, Destructive Distillation of Coal, Uses of the Products, Coke: Gasification and Uses.
7. Metallic Carbonate: Occurrences, Preparation and Uses, Test for Trioxocarbonate ion. Trioxocarbonate (iv) acid: Preparation, Properties and Uses.
8-9. Introduction to Hydrocarbons: Sources of Hydrocarbons, Classification of Aliphatic Hydrocarbons. Petroleum and Natural gases: Refining of Petroleum by Fractional Distillation, Uses of different Fractions, Cracking of Petroleum (Thermal and Catalytic), Anti-knock and Octane rating.
10. Applied Chemistry: Raw material used in Chemical industries and their Sources. Division of the Chemical Industries: Heavy chemicals, Fine chemicals, Fertilizers, Plastics, Metallurgy, Pharmaceutical, Glass, Ceramics, Cements, Soap and Detergents.