SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: EXPLORATION OF FILES ON THE SYSTEM FROM DESKTOP
- Copy files from one directory to the other
- Identify file to copy
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Open a folder
- Examine the files
- Identify file to Copy
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- The Students will be taken to the Computer laboratory for practice
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
HOW TO COPY FILES OR FOLDER
Follow these steps to bypass the clipboard and make copies of a folder or files: (or multiple folders)
- First, locate the file or folder of which you want to create copies: either they are on the desktop, or they are inside another folder
- Then select
each item until they are all selected
- Once all
files / folders are selected, hold down the control key on your keyboard
(“Ctrl”), and keep it
pressed down. Now, drag these files and drop them where you want a copy to
be made: this can be on your desktop, in another folder, or inside the
same folder that contains the originals.
- Drop the
files onto their destination folder: Windows 7 will create a copy of every
file that was selected, and you can now release the Ctrl key.
- Notice from the screenshot above that Windows 7 has create a copy of each selected file / folder, and has automatically selected the copies that were created: this means that you can now use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+X to cut all files and place them on the clipboard (which kind of defeats the purpose of this technique of making copies of files), or simply drag them manually to the destination folder of your choice.
- This is all it takes to make copies of files and folders in Windows 7 without the clipboard.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- Using a computer, Create two folders using your name, surname
- Copy some files from your name folder and paste it in your surname folder.