SUBJECT: LITERACY (ENGLISH STUDIES)
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8 and WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: ADVERBIAL CLAUSE OF TIME
UNIT: MEANING AND EXAMPLES OF ADVERBIAL CLAUSE OF TIME.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know:
- Meaning Adverbial Clause of time.
- How to Use Adverbial Clause of time.
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State English Studies Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- English Studies for Primary Schools.
An Adverbial clause is a part of a sentence that does the work of an adverb. It tells us something about the verb.
TYPES OF ADVERBIAL CLAUSE
- Adverbial clause of time
- Adverbial clause of condition
- Adverbial clause of place
- Adverbial clause of manner
ADVERBIAL CLAUSE OF TIME
Adverbial clause of time tells us the time when the action of the verb was performed or will be performed using when, until, after, before, as soon as, immediately etc.
EXAMPLES OF ADVERBIAL CLAUSE OF TIME
- Enter your classroom as soon as the bell is rang.
- Nobody should be inside the class room during sport hour
- Until you finish copying your note, you must not talk to anybody.
- When you see Victor, tell him I am waiting for him.
- Come out for assembly, as soon as the bell is rang.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- What is adverbial clause?
- What is adverbial clause of time?
- List three types of Adverbial clause
- Write five sentences using adverbial clause of time correctly.