SECOND TERM CIVIC EDUCATION FOR PRIMARY SIX (6)
WEEK 1: REVISION OF FIRST TERM’S WORK
- Values related to Nationalism and patriotism.
- Examples of non – national symbols
- Differences between Nigerian National Symbol and Non National Symbols.
WEEK 3: CITIZENSHIP AND NATIONALIZATION
- Meaning of Citizen
- How to become a citizen of a country
WEEK 4: NATIONALIZATION
- Definition of Nationalization
- Conditions foreigners must fulfil before becoming Nigerians Citizens
- Reasons foreigners are in our land
- Advantages of foreigners in our midst.
of foreigners in our midst.
- Examples of foreign companies in Nigeria.
- Government policies and programmes.
- Meaning of NEEDS, UBE, and DUE process.
- Importance of Universal Basic Education Programmes (UBE)
- Importance of National Economic Empowerment and Development and Strategy (NEEDS)
- Importance of due process (DP)
- the meaning of institutions
- types of government institutions in Nigeria
- Meaning of different types of Government institutions in Nigeria.
- Functions of different types of Government institutions in Nigeria
- Invite a government official to talk to the pupils on activities of SON, NAFDAC, EFCC, NDLEA etc.
- Bring a sachet water into the classroom and let the pupils point out the NAFDAC number on the sachet.
WEEK 11: CIVIL SOCIETY
- Meaning of civil society
- Classification of civil society
WEEK 12: REVISION AND TEST
WEEK 13: EXAMINATION