JSS3 2ndTerm Home Economics Curriculum for Junior Secondary School for – Edudelight.com
2nd Term Jss 3 Home Economics Lagos State Curriculum
- Meal planning
- Buying and preservation of food
- Food preparation methods
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Child development
- Scientific study of foods
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR HOME ECONOMICS JSS 3 (BASIC 9) – MODIFIED I
1. Scientific study of food.
2. Budgeting – definition, terms, family budget.
3. Feeding the family-meal planning.
4&5. Nutritional needs of different people in the family infants.
6. Buying and storage
7&8. Food preparation – kitchen equipment and intensity.
9&10.Food preparation continues
11. revision and examination
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR HOME ECONOMICS JSS 3 (BASIC 9) – MODIFIED II
SUBJECT: HOME ECONOMICS
SCHEME OF WORK
- Garment construction processes (A) Arrangement of fullness. (B)Opening. (C) Fastening (D) Making a simple baby dress.
- Scientific study of food nutrients; (B) Simple food tests,`(C ) Effect of heat on food.(moist and dry heat).
- Meal Planning; (A) Factors that influence meal planning (B) Guidelines for meal planning. (C ) Meals for different groups. (D) Menu card.
- Buying preservation and storage of food; (A) Factors to consider when buying food. (B) Wise buying (C) Food preservation methods. (D) Food storage methods.
- Kitchen Equipment and utensils; (a) Factors to consider in choosing food preparation equipment and utensils.
- Food Preparation and Methods; (A) Food preparation (Cooking) methods. (b) Guidelines for use of cooking d. methods.
- Food preparation Methods; (c) Procedures for use of cooking methods. (D) Preparation of simple dishes.
- Marriage; (a) Relationship- Unhealthy Boy/Girls relationship. (b) Courtship practices. (C) Factors to consider before marriage.
- Marriage; (d) Marriage systems and ‘procedures in Nigeria. (e) Disadvantages of early marriage.
- Pregnancy and child birth; (a) Pregnancy and it signs.(b) Ante-natal post-natal care. (c) Preparation for child birth, e.g. layette.