SECOND TERM SOCIAL STUDIES SCHEME OF WORK FOR PRIMARY FOUR (4)/ BASIC FOUR (4)
WEEK 1: CITIZENSHIP
- What is citizenship
- Qualification of a citizen
WEEK 2: RIGHT OF A CITIZEN
WEEK 3: THE CONCEPT OF GOVERNMENT
- What is government?
- Types of government.
- The three arms of government.
WEEK 4: THE CONCEPT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT
WEEK 6: THE CONCEPT OF STATE GOVERNMENT
WEEK 7: SEPARATION OF POWER AND FUNCTIONS
WEEK 8: DIVISION OF LABOUR
- Meaning of Division of labour
- Meaning of agricultural industry
- Types of agriculture
WEEK 10: SAVINGS
- Meaning of savings
- Types of savings
- Types of bank
- How to open bank account
- Advantages of saving money
WEEK 11: EMPLOYMENT
- Meaning of employment
- Why people should be employed
- Problems of unemployment
- Reason of unemployment
- Solution to unemployment
WEEK 12: NATURAL RESOURCES
WEEK 13: CONSERVATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
- Meaning of conservation.
- Why natural resources should be conserved.
- How to ensure that natural resources are conserved.
WEEK 14: DISTRIBUTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
WEEK 15: REVISION AND EXAMINATION